DUBAI DESIGN TRIP
We are glad to announce that - along the #ThreeFlaneurs - we are organizing a bespoke Architecture & Design tour to the United Arab Emirates to attend the Dubai Design Week and see an exciting range of contemporary Architecture & Landscape projects in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah.
Tour highlights include:
Explore the key architectural sights of Dubai and get a historic understanding of its rapid development as a global city
Attend multiple events/exhibitions that's part of the Dubai Design Week - the largest design festival in the Middle East
Go on day trips to Abu Dhabi & Sharjah - where we will see some amazing contemporary cultural architecture projects
The tour will include accommodation in a 4-star property in Dubai on Bed & Breakfast Basis as per our itinerary & all transport in a private AC Coach with English-speaking local guide
A Specialist Architecture Guide from #ThreeFlaneurs who is well-versed with the UAE & its Architecture will accompany the group
Tentative Trip Dates:
11th Nov to 16th Nov, 2019
Dubai International Airport to Dubai International Airport
IN₹ 63,900 /- *
Special early-bird land package - offer valid only till 30th September, 2019
IN₹ 71,000 /- *
Land package - offer valid only till 15th October, 2019
For further Student; Group (for minimum 5 pax); & Frequent Flaneurs discounts please write to us.
6 days, 5 nights
DAY 01 | ARRIVAL : ORIENTATION
Start of Tour : Evening arrival and pick-up at Dubai International Airport, followed by a General Tour Introduction, and hotel check-in
DAY 02 | OLD DUBAI^
Explore multiple sights that make up the historic core of the city
Including visits to historic districts along the Dubai Creek in both Bur Dubai and Deira districts, followed by a free evening for shopping/exploring the city on your own^
DAY 03 | MODERN DUBAI
Explore some of the iconic developments in the process of modernization - from a small pearling village to a modern oil town
On this day we explore the neighborhoods of Karama & Jumeirah before heading to the iconic Sheikh Zayed Road followed by the recent developments in Downtown and Business Bay districts of the city
We will end the day exploring the Dubai Design District where we will attend multiple events/exhibitions that are part of the Dubai Design Week
DAY 04 | NEW DUBAI
On our last day dedicated to Dubai we will explore some of the key sights in the newer suburban districts of Dubai Marina & Palm Jumeirah
Optional activity: Head out of the city for an evening Desert Safari
DAY 05 | ABU DHABI
During this day trip to the capital city of Abu Dhabi we will see some of the key contemporary architectural projects including: the iconic Louvre Abu Dhabi Museum; Masdar city; Central Souk and the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
DAY 06 | SHARJAH
On our last day we will visit multiple small but significant cultural projects in the close by Emirate of Sharjah
Return to Dubai and transfer to the Dubai International Airport : End of Tour
^ The services of the dedicated Specialist Design+Travel Guide(s) may not be available on these dates - however the group will be briefed with multiple to-do suggestions on the day prior to these Free Time slots
[Travelers opting to stay longer can cover more popular sights of UAE - like the multiple theme parks, shopping malls etc. Kindly contact us for more suggestions.]
• Airport Transfers (in private group)
• 5 nights accommodation in 4-star Hotel in Dubai
• Accommodation on twin sharing and Bed and Breakfast Basis
• All internal transport in a private AC Coach with English-Speaking Local Guide
• Old Dubai guided walk
• Dubai City architectural highlights guided driving tour
• Visit to the Dubai Design District
• 'At the top' - Burj Khalifa, 124th Floor Non-prime Hour ticket
• Abu Dhabi City selected architectural highlights guided driving tour
• Louvre Abu Dhabi museum ticket
• Sharjah City selected architectural highlights guided driving tour
• Dedicated Specialist Design+Travel Guide(s) with extensive Architectural Knowledge, Design Pedagogy & Travel experience on behalf of the #ThreeFlaneurs to accompany the group at all times according to tour itinerary^
Average group size 20 guests
(*minimum group size of 15 guests are required to make this trip viable)
05 - Buffet Breakfasts
4-star category Hotel in Dubai
At #ThreeFlaneurs we believe single travelers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travelers joining group trips are paired in twin share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip.
• Return international air tickets from source to Dubai International Airport
• UAE Visa
• International Travel insurance
• Any Transaction / VAT / GST / Remittance charges
• Desert Safari with BBQ dinner
• Additional entry tickets to sights as per itinerary beyond the ones mentioned above
• Meals not mentioned above
• Any expense of personal nature i.e. Tips, Portages, Mineral Water, Laundry, Telephone Bills, etc.
• Early hotel check-in & late check-out
• Camera & video permits
• Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
While it is our intention to adhere to the route described above, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations. The itinerary is brief, as we never know exactly where our journey will take us.
A more detailed day-by-day itinerary document highlights the sights to be covered on each day will be shared one week prior to the trip. Additionally, any travel times listed are approximations only and subject to vary due to local circumstances.
The Itinerary can be rescheduled by #ThreeFlaneurs & Peregrine for smooth execution of the trip. Due to unforeseen circumstances such as social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climactic conditions, criminal acts or abnormal conditions or developments outside our control, the Tours/Sightseeing can be altered. No refund will be provided in such cases.
* Pricing is based on US$ to IN₹ exchange rate as of September 2019, this is subject to change according to Forex fluctuations and is subject to change at the time of actual payment.
Specialist Design+Travel Guide:
• Sahil Latheef is a Charles Correa Gold medalist and a highly qualified architect who has been engaged with architectural academia for over 10 years at various schools (both within India and Internationally). He has worked on several award-winning projects for architectural practices in Doha, London, Mumbai and Singapore before moving to Dubai where he is currently based.
Besides professionally practicing architecture Sahil teaches at the Architecture department, Amity University, Dubai Academic City and is also part of several on going research projects in the region. He has extensively traveled around the world to study architecture and to lead design tours.
Number of Specialist Design+Travel Guides will depend on actual group size at time of travel