TURKEY ARCHITECTURE TRIP
11th to 16th August, 2019*
Peregrine travels (in association with the #ThreeFlaneurs ), takes great pleasure in announcing a one of a kind trip to Turkey. Scheduled in August to coincide with the Indian Bank holidays for Eid & Independence Day, this 6-day, Architecture+Culture tour of Istanbul & Cappadocia promises to transport you to the sights & sounds of the ancient Byzantine Empire.
Our curated trip is based on first-hand experience and extensive research and we will be exploring contemporary architecture in Istanbul along with the brilliant works by Mimar Sinan.
Cappadocia promises to take you to into a world of archaeological wonders, so join us as we explore the underground city of Kaymakli, the valleys of volcanic mountains and ancient rock cut churches.
* Check below to see further details of this trip (including a broad itinerary & the key terms & conditions)
11th Aug to 16th Aug, 2019
Istanbul Atatürk International Airport to Istanbul Atatürk International Airport
6 days, 5 nights
DAY 01 | Sun, 11 Aug 2019 | ISTANBUL : ORIENTATION
Start of Tour : Arrival and transfer from Istanbul Ataturk International Airport, followed by a General Tour Introduction, and a half-day Istanbul walking tour
DAY 02 | Mon, 12 Aug 2019 | CAPPADOCIA
Early morning flight to Kayseri. Take in the sights of Kayseri and enjoy half a free day of activities
DAY 03 | Tue, 13 Aug 2019 | CAPPADOCIA
Take in an early morning Hot Air Balloon Ride (optional) and a guided tour of the archaeological wonders of Cappadocia (including the fascinating Kaymakli Underground City). Return to Istanbul and transfer to hotel for the night
DAY 04 | Wed, 14 Aug 2019 | ISTANBUL
Spend the day exploring the ancient sights of Hagia Sophia, the Grand Mosque, the Sultanahmet mosque and the Basilica Cistern. Evening free
DAY 05 | Thu, 15 Aug 2019 | ISTANBUL
Start the day with a tour of the Topkapi Palace. Visit Taksim Square, Galata Tower. Evening free for shopping or Bosphorus cruise.
DAY 06 | Fri, 16 Aug 2019 | ISTANBUL / FREE DAY ^
Enjoy a free day and catch an evening flight back home from Istanbul Ataturk International Airport : End of Tour
^ The services of the dedicated Specialist Design+Travel Guide may not be available on these dates - however the group will be briefed with multiple to-do suggestions on the day prior to these Free Day slots.
[ Travelers opting to the stay longer can cover more sights of Turkey like Pamukkale, Kusadasi and Bodrum including visits to ancient Roman City of Epheseus. Kindly contact us for more suggestions.]
• 5 nights accommodation (with stays in Istanbul & Cappadocia)
• Accommodation on twin sharing on bed & breakfast basis
• All internal transport using public transport / private coach
• Dedicated Specialist Design+Travel Guide with extensive Architectural Knowledge, Design Pedagogy & Travel experience on behalf of the #ThreeFlaneurs to accompany the group at all times according to tour itinerary (^ except on days marked FREE DAY)
• All sightseeing tickets as per itinerary, including the following highlights:
- Topkapı Palace Museum Guided Tour
- Hagia Sophia Museum Guided Tour
- Basilica Cistern Guided Tour
- Bosphorus Cruise with Turkish Shows
- Whirling Dervishes
- Pera Museum
- Sakıp Sabanci Museum
- Dervent valley, Kaymakli in Cappadocia.
Group Size *:
Average group size 10 guests
(* minimum group size of 07 guests are required to make this trip viable)
05 - Breakfasts / 01 - Bosphorus Dinner Cruise
3-star category hotels or similar in prime locations (in Istanbul & Cappadocia)
Solo travelers & Families:
At #ThreeFlaneurs we believe single travelers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travelers joining group trips are paired in twin share accommodation with someone of the same gender for the duration of the trip. Additionally, this is a child-friendly trip and families are welcome to join us.
• Return international air tickets from source to Istanbul Ataturk International Airport (contact us for our best Flight Recommendations)
• Internal flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia will be charged at actual
• Turkish Visa (find more information about this here - http://www.vfsglobal.com/turkey/india/ )
• International Travel insurance
• Optional Hot Air Balloon Ride at sunrise in Cappadocia (can be arranged on request)
• Any Transaction / VAT / GST / Remittance charges
• Additional entry tickets to sights as per itinerary beyond the ones mentioned above
• Meals not mentioned above (for e.g. Breakfast on Day 01; Lunches/Dinners are not included)
• Any expense of personal nature i.e. Tips, Portages, Mineral Water, Laundry, Telephone Bills, etc.
• Early hotel check-in & late check-out
• Camera & video permits
• Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
While it is our intention to adhere to the route described above, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations. The itinerary is brief, as we never know exactly where our journey will take us. Due to our style of travel and the regions we visit, travel can be unpredictable.
A more detailed day-by-day itinerary document highlights the sights to be covered on each day will be shared one week prior to the trip. Additionally, any travel times listed are approximations only and subject to vary due to local circumstances.
The Itinerary can be rescheduled by #ThreeFlaneurs & Peregrine for smooth execution of the trip. Due to unforeseen circumstances such as terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climactic conditions, criminal acts or abnormal conditions or developments outside our control, the Tours/Sightseeing can be altered. No refund will be provided in such cases.
Specialist Design+Travel Guide:
• Ekta Idnany is an architect, writer and a culture enthusiast. She has been teaching architecture and design for the past ten years now at various institutions such as KRVIA, BSSA, ISDI as well as being invited as a guest critic at other schools in Mumbai. She has also been running her own design practice in Mumbai, while writing for several magazines such as Architecture: Time Space People, Indian Architect & Builder and Domus. Her design ideology is centered around adding value to the lives of users.
Ekta strongly believes that traveling gives her a better understanding of differences and similarities of human nature across different cultures and that makes her a better designer and writer.
1. Itinerary Pace
This is a very fast paced itinerary which covers lots of ground. While this is great as it allows us to see a huge amount in the available time, it also means some early starts, some long days and less free time (on days not marked with ^Free Time Slots). We feel that if you enter this trip with this knowledge and expectation, you will appreciate even more the variety of locations we are able to include in this itinerary.
We will be moving around using public transport and/or private air-conditioned coach for this tour.
3. Remarks on Hotels
Standard hotel check-in is at 1400 hrs & check out at 1200 hrs across Turkey (we will be requesting for early check-in and late check-out, but this is subject to room availability and is not in our control). No hotel bookings have been blocked so far. Rates are subject to change based on availability of rooms and receipt of advance payment. The name of hotels mentioned above are tentative and we will confirm the details of available hotels at the time of advance payment.
4. Tour/Package Pricing
Costs are subject to change without notice due to currency fluctuations or any other statutory increases beyond our control. In addition, this package is based on a minimum group size of 7 travelers travelling together: if the number of travelers falls below the minimum required, a surcharge may be imposed on all passengers.
Pricing is based on current Forex exchange rates, this is subject to change according to Forex fluctuations and is subject to change at the time of actual payment.
All prices mentioned here are payable in Mumbai, India (Any Transaction / Remittance charges will be borne by the passenger).
5. Flight Recommendations
Please write to us for our flight recommendations.
Although this is not included in our package, we strongly recommend travel insurance. There are different types of medical, baggage or trip cancellations insurance from the supplier or the agencies. NOTE: Insurance coverage may not cover pre-existing conditions and may have other restrictions and exclusions.
7. Booking & Cancellation policy
Tour Pricing will be collected on basis of 50% (advance booking) seat-blocking payment at the time of confirmation (or minimum 45 days prior to trip commencement) and the remaining 50% Pricing 30 Days before departure date.
Cancellation done up to 45 days prior to departure date - 30% Cancellation Fee will apply; 44-31 days prior to departure date - 75% Cancellation Fee will apply; 30 days prior to departure date - 100% Cancellation Fee will apply - i.e. NO REFUND.
8. Disclaimer of Liability
#ThreeFlaneurs and Peregrine is acting as a mere agent for suppliers in selling travel-related services, or in accepting reservations or bookings for services that are not directly supplied by us (such as hotel accommodations, meals, sightseeing & museum tickets, etc.). #ThreeFlaneurs & Peregrine, shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveler in connection with social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climactic conditions, criminal acts or abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside our control. Traveler assumes complete and full responsibility for, and hereby releases the #ThreeFlaneurs and Peregrine from any duty of, checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination, or other entry requirements to Turkey, and all safely or security conditions at such destinations, during the length of the proposed travel.