VIETNAM ARCHITECTURE TRIP
15th to 22nd Feb '20
Our tour of Vietnam is designed to introduce you to the timeless charm of Vietnamese architecture. From the more traditional and historic settlements to the bustling contemporary city, with a clear emphasis on the disciplines of space: Architecture and Landscape.
During our 8-day tour we will cover the key architectural and cultural sights in the cities of Ha Noi, Hue, Hoi An & Ho Chi Minh City.
* Check below to see further details of this trip (including a broad itinerary & the key terms & conditions)
15th to 22nd of February, 2020
Ha Noi to Ho Chi Minh City
Write to us at for price details
Tour starts at Noi Bai International Airport (HAN) and ends at Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN)
8 days, 7 nights
DAY 01 | Arrival - Ha Noi | Sat, 15th Feb 2020
Start of tour: Evening arrival ^ at Noi Bai International Airport, Ha Noi - free evening in Ha Noi.
DAY 02 | Ha Noi | Sun, 16th Feb 2020
Full day explore Ha Noi - one of Asia’s most enchanting cities, full of culture, history and the engaging contradictions of a rapidly developing and deeply traditional society. Explore the lively Old Quarter of the city and visit some of the key museums in the capital of Vietnam
DAY 03 | Ha Noi | Mon, 17th Feb 2020
Optional - Day Tour to Halong Bay (at additional cost)
- OR -
Free day to explore Ha Noi further, late evening we will catch an over-night AC train to Hue.
DAY 04 | Hue | Tue, 18th Feb 2020
Arrive in Hue in the morning, on this day we will cover the Imperial Citadel, Forbidden City, Tu Duc and Khai Dinh Royal Tombs.
DAY 05 | Hoi An | Wed, 19th Feb 2020
On this day we visit My Son, the ancient Champa Kingdom that dates back to the 3rd century and has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Set in a lovely valley surrounded by mountain peaks, the temples that were rebuilt in the 7th-century became a sanctuary of Hinduism. Next, we visit the ancient streets of Hoi An. The city has a unique fusion of Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese architecture and is arguably Vietnam's most tourist-friendly town.
DAY 06 | Ho Chi Minh City | Thu, 20th Feb 2020
We catch a morning flight to Ho Chi Minh City (suggested flight: VJ 645^ DAD SGN 09:45 11:10 not included in our package), the rest of the day we explore modern/colonial sites in the bustling city of HCMC, erstwhile Saigon.
DAY 07 | Ho Chi Minh City | Fri, 21st Feb 2020
Day trip to the Mekong River Delta - including visits to the Cai Be floating market and the Tân Phong Island. Traditional Vietnamese Lunch is served at local house or on boat during this Day trip.
DAY 08 | Ho Chi Minh City | Sat, 22nd Feb 2020
In recent years HCMC has become a hub for some great contemporary architectural practices, on our last day we explore some of the projects in and around the city designed by these firms; End of tour: catch late night flight out of Vietnam from Tan Son Nhat International Airport, HCMC^.
• Hotel Accommodation in 3-star category Hotels in Ha Noi, Hue, Hoi An and Ho Chi Minh City
• Accommodation on twin sharing and on Bed & Breakfast basis
• One traditional Vietnamese Lunch
• All internal transport between destinations and to/from included visits/walks using AC Private Coach
• Local English-speaking guides
• Over-night AC train and boat ride as per itinerary
• Dedicated Specialist Design+Travel Guide(s) with extensive Architectural Knowledge,Design Pedagogy & Travel experience on behalf of the #ThreeFlaneurs to accompany the group at all times according to tour itinerary
• Tickets to multiple Sights and Museums, including the following highlights:
Average group size 15
7 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
3-star category Hotels (6 nights) - in Ha Noi, Hue, Hoi An and Ho Chi Minh City; (1 night) on AC train
At #ThreeFlaneurs we believe single travelers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travelers joining group trips are paired in twin share accommodation with someone of the same gender for the duration of the trip.
• International air ticket from source to Hanoi | Arrival to Noi Bai International Airport (HAN) - We will send you our flight recommendations for this once we receive your booking confirmation.
• International air ticket from Ho Chi Minh City to source | Departure from Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN) - We will send you our flight recommendations for this once we receive your booking confirmation.
• Domestic air ticket from Da Nang International Airport to Tan Son Nhat International Airport in HCMC | Flight recommended: VJ 645^ DAD SGN 09:45 11:10
Flight from Da Nang to HCMC; we will be book this to get the same flight & better rates for the entire group - but you will be charged for this additionally as per actual rates (these flights would cost roughly around IN₹ 3,000 /- as per current rates and will be subject to availability)
• Vietnam Visa (find more information about online Vietnamese visa here - https://vietnamvisa.govt.vn/apply-online/)
• International Travel insurance
• Optional - Day Tour to Halong Bay (This tour will be charged additionally at a cost roughly of around IN₹ 3,000 /- this may vary depending on the final group size)
• Optional - Usage daily room for taking shower & relax before taking night train to Hue on day 03: IN₹ 1500 per person
• Any Transaction / VAT / GST / Remittance charges
• Additional entry tickets to sights as per itinerary beyond the ones mentioned above
• Meals not mentioned above
• Any expense of personal nature i.e. Tips, Mineral Water, Laundry, Telephone Bills, etc.
• Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
While it is our intention to adhere to the route described above, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations.
A more detailed day-by-day itinerary document highlights the sights to be covered on each day will be shared one week prior to the trip. Additionally, any travel times listed are approximations only and subject to vary due to local circumstances.
The Itinerary can be rescheduled by #ThreeFlaneurs & Peregrine for smooth execution of the trip. Due to unforeseen circumstances such as terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climactic conditions, criminal acts or abnormal conditions or developments outside our control, the Tours/Sightseeing can be altered. No refund will be provided in such cases.
Specialist Design+Travel Guide(s):
• Sahil Latheef is a Charles Correa Gold medalist and a highly qualified architect who has been engaged with architectural academia for over 10 years at various schools (both within India and Internationally). He has worked on several award-winning projects for architectural practices in Doha, London, Mumbai and Singapore before moving to Dubai where he is currently based.
Besides professionally practicing architecture Sahil teaches at the Architecture department, Amity University, Dubai Academic City and is also part of several on going research projects in the region. He has extensively traveled around the world to study architecture and to lead design tours.
• Ekta Idnany is an architect, writer and a culture enthusiast. She has been teaching architecture and design for the past ten years now at various institutions such as KRVIA, BSSA, ISDI as well as being invited as a guest critic at other schools in Mumbai. She has also been running her own design practice in Mumbai, while writing for several magazines such as Architecture: Time Space People, Indian Architect & Builder and Domus. Her design ideology is centered around adding value to the lives of users.
Ekta strongly believes that traveling gives her a better understanding of differences and similarities of human nature across different cultures and that makes her a better designer and writer.
Number of Specialist Design+Travel Guides will depend on actual group size at time of travel